Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Mass Effect 2

Title: Mass Effect 2
Media: Video Game (Xbox 360 version)
Rating: Four Spaceships

Mission Notes: At time of writing, I'm replaying this game for the second time, so review is probably going to be affected by that.

Mission Briefing:
Okay, this was like a movie trilogy in this case. The first and third games were great, but not so much the second game.
First, let's start with some of my complaints.
There are story problems in this one... two main ones. The first is the beginning and the whole "coming-back-from-the-dead" thing. It bugs me and my Christian beliefs. The second story problem is the disturbing ending, which is just plain disturbing. UGH!!!
Also, there's they freakin' change a bunch of things! ARGH!!!
And then there's this sudden switch to ammo. Yes, yes, they call it thermal clips to prevent overheating, but IT'S STILL AMMO! I so liked not worrying about ammo! ARGH...!
Oh, and there are a few other story probs and things I don't care about.
But this game is still good, and I still enjoyed it. You even get used to the thermal clips after a while, and most of the controls.
The story was still good. Your decisions from the last game affect this one, even in minor ways. It's pretty cool, especially when one just pops up in your face.
Oh, and you still get to play with Garrus and Tali'Zorah! I was super-excited when I got Garrus back, and was really giddy when I got Tali back! You still manage to see many of the game characters from the last game, but these two are the ones actually pickable as your team (though you only get Tali later).
Also, not everything about the new characters are bad. My fave from the new characters is Mordin Solis (sp?), the salarian doctor. He's just funny, and can make me laugh, in mid-fight.
Also, pure awesome here, YOU CAN RECRUIT A GETH!!!
AWESOME!!!
Also, you don't have to worry about piloting a MAKO! ( : ) )
Oh, and shopping becomes more fun. You get your own personal cabin, and can buy pets, including fishies! Problem and annoying thing about the fishies is that you have to feed them after every time you return from a mission or they die! ARGH!!!
Also, you get to personalize your character's armor. You can buy armor pieces, and even play with their color! It was COOL!
Also, you can now take Paragon or Renegade actions. A symbol of either one appears on the screen, then you can hit the right trigger button to do it. Or you can wait it out, and not do the action. Thing is, I didn't know that at first, and just did everything. Again, did things that I probably wouldn't have done due to that. ARGH!!! Also, there's at least one time where you don't see the symbol clearly. This caused me to miss it the first time I played it, but I found it on the second play-through.
Also, they fixed a problem from the first game. After I was done with the main storyline of the game, I was able to go back and play some more! And I was not chunked into the last boss fight! Timeline-wise, I was simply sent to right before the initiation of the end-mission. YES! Good move, people! Also, I was able to do stuff that was still transferred to the last game! YES!
All in all, this still was a good game.

No comments:

Post a Comment